Friday, March 16, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Six days of exercise this week. It is crucial for mind, body and spirit.

One day I was caught in a snow squall that popped up mid-walk.


Two days later there were signs and smells of spring.


An invitation for lunch with my sister in law yesterday. We had much to catch up on. I'm definitely taking Lily back to this cafe because the sweet potato quesadilla was delicious and so in her wheelhouse.

Heart to hearts with my step-mother and my guy this week.

Peanut and I finished one book early in the week. The Couple Next Door was a 24 hour endeavor. It was a quick even if not all that compelling read. Lots of problems with characters...I didn't like a single one of them. Not to mention the ending was cheap.


I stopped at the library to restock. Never your pretty little mind that I still have a stacks here and there around the house.


I blew through this little beaut of micro memoirs all the while thinking I could have...I should have written this.


A new day a new book. I started this yesterday. It's our April book club selection. I'm enjoying it more than expected. I've found myself laughing out loud numerous times and I'm really rooting for this couple.


These guys. They soak up the sun, and then when they are literally baking they seek the shade.


My sous chef.


There was much cooking in #krissywskitchen this week. The most ambitious meal was my version of Chinese takeout, which will now make it unlikely we'll order from Royal Garden any time soon. I've got all kinds of ideas on egg rolls. How to improve this traditional version and the 101 other possibilities.


This Beef and Broccoli can also use a wee bit of work, but it was scrumptious.


The most delicious dish was this humble pot pie for dinner on 3.14 - Pi Day. This was my best yet and so very simple: store bought crust and rotisserie chicken. I will double the veggies next time and add some peas, which I omitted because the kids refuse them. I am a new fan of a top and a bottom crust.


I surprised on this shy guy the other day.


We saw our first chipmunk this week. That's a sure sign of spring and also that we can expect some snow in the next week. Mother Nature takes pleasure in reminding us just who's boss.


Daffodil's $1.49 a bunch. I bought three. It's unbelievable how happy they make me.


Fresh herbs.

No comments: