Tuesday, October 31, 2023

White Halloween

I wasn't dreaming of a white Halloween, but the snow is flying and starting to accumulate. We had a few minutes of thunder snow, which is very cool. I was ready for fall temps, not winter weather advisories. It would have been nice if the white stuff could have waited until Christmas. It'll probably be warm and sunny in December.

I got tickets for a scary movie, but I think we'll pass. Mike is good with that. It just seems like a good night to be cozy at home. Trick or treat was Sunday so tonight's festivities will be dressing up the cats in their basket full of costumes.

And speaking of trick or treat, we didn't have many kids come by and the ones who didn't even open their mouths to say boo. No trick or treat and no thank yous. Most of them helped themselves to a handful of candy without pause. I didn't care because I wanted it out of the house, but it struck me as piggy and rude. I miss kids with personalities and manners. I blame Covid.

The world we live in today fills me with relief that my kids are grown. That they came of age in kinder, simpler, safer times. I live in fear of what the world will be like if and when my kids have kids. The levels of suffering, hatred, judgement, corruption and tyranny are making me question humanity and democracy.

Just another reason to stay home.

No comments: