Thursday, August 17, 2023

Weird

I don't often use the word weird, but it pretty much sums up how I am feeling this week. I'm excited to be going on vacation with my family, but I'm dreading the fire drill that will be our quick pivot from r&r to moving the kids back to Madison. I'll have 2 days to do laundry and shop and pack. I'd say we have, but I'm feeling like being completely honest. They mostly seem to think I over prepare and cannot be bothered to be a part of my crazy, yet I know they appreciate when I'm in mama bear mode. I like to leave them ready to slay the semester, but there are times I just about kill myself getting to that point. I know I'm not alone.

It's an oxymoron how much of a tizzy I can get myself into leading up to a vacation. The truth is that we are going to the North woods where we will live in bathing suits by day and sweatshirts by night. There is a very nice grocery store miles away. My cats and house will be in the very best of hands. There's nothing to lose any sleep over, and yet I've slept like crap all week. 

I think I'm ready for vacation. Yeah, I'm definitely ready.


No comments: