Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Weekending

It was a fun filled, go go go weekend. I'm not exactly used to that so I'm on empty today but that's okay...it was worth it. I was off Friday afternoon to take the kit kats to the vet. Gus was finally big enough for adoption. It's official. We are now a family of 7. I'm grateful Lily agreed to be late to practice to help me wrangle kittens. I needed her two extra hands. The kittens are all healthy, but we knew that. We have a 2, a 3 and a 4 pounder.

Friday night our neighbors came for dinner with a bag full of kitty toys. Finn, Hazel and Gus really are like little kids and it was like Christmas morning. New toys are very exciting never mind that they have baskets full. We had a fun time playing with cats and catching up over cocktails. The kids were in and out and then in again, but it wasn't too late of a night for us. We made a future mother/son date with our boys.

 

Saturday was shopping/errand day. My Costco run was the biggest ever. Biggest as in the costliest. I guess that's what happens when I only go once a month and Ted is home. Ted got out of bed just in time to help unload the car at 2 o'clock. He survived his first 40 hour work week ever. More on that later. We had dinner plans with my dad and Judy on Saturday. We had to put the finishing touches on Bob's Beef Wellington Burgers before submitting them to the contest. While not perfect, they were creative and damn good and it was a fun project for us. After dinner, the girls ruled the Shut Box and took all the guy's money. Too bad we were only playing for quarters.

 

I got a solid 10 hours sleep Saturday night and woke up feeling so rested I knew it was mid morning. I started to tackle my list stat. The whole fam pitched in to clean the house. Mike marinated the meat for that evenings fajitas and I made a rustic peach galette for dessert. Ted went for a bike ride, Mike and Lils went running and I went to the basement to do the elliptical. My brother and sil accepted an impromptu dinner invite. It was casual, but I set the dining room table pretty because I could. Mike's fajitas were a treat, but the best part of the night was the six of us around the table making memories. We allowed the kitties to have the run of the house and while we ate, they curled up all three in the front living room window, which was always Peanut and Tigger's preferred spot. I got a sense what life will be like when they settle down a little more. And yet, life is good now.



 



No comments: