Friday, August 9, 2024

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Playing hooky mid-week to celebrate a milestone birthday. We are officially through the teenage years. And for the record...they were wonderful.

We spent the afternoon at the Wisconsin State Fair and then we stayed for the evening as well...we were having lots of fun. We ate things on sticks,  tart fried lemonade and gooey cheese curds and the sweetest corn I ever tasted. We watched a funny man eat fire, Larry showing off his peelers (and yes, I bought them) and so many interesting people in the crowd. Really that's the best part of the fair. We did not buy the massage chairs, but someday we might. We listened to some music, played some games and they went on one ride to the tune of $21. 

Keeping it real. Not long ago, an all day wristband was $30.

 



Presents. Lily would love it if she could take Gus to school.


She is the one person in my life that I always have a gazillion and one ideas for when it come to gifts. I tried to show restraint (by giving her some gifts early).

Things are shifting. I mean we're always in flux, but it was undeniable in the last few days. It's been beautiful and breezy. Today it feels like fall and I'm not mad about it especially after the hellishly hot streak we endured last week. 

Open windows. Cats in sills.



Cats in chairs.


Cats...even...on counters. Fresh pineapples (Ted ate the whole thing yesterday) and Basque cheesecakes that taste so so much better than they look.



Sister Hazel is an anthophile. We should have named her Miss Rumphius.




I finally got my summer hair do. It is very blond and quite short and also a bit sassy. Some days I like it and some days I'm not so sure, but at the end of the day...I don't care about hair.


Our evening spots. Me in my favorite chair and Hazel at my feet on the ottoman.


Alan and I took Linda lunch today. She's in rehab recovering from surgery. She was very happy to see us and after seeing her, I feel confident that this rather large bump in the road, will not hold her back. Life would not be the same without Linda.

It's the weekend. Again. Already.

Last Saturday Mike golfed in an invitational, Ted headed to Madison to help Meryl move and Lil's was on a lake skiing and tubing with friends. I putzed and faffed and hung out with Hazel occasionally getting sucked into a Real Housewives NJ marathon. It was just what I needed. As the sun set, we headed up the hill to end the day with friends. 

Sunday some fam had a foursome on another hot day and then my brother and sil picked up our favorite Mexican food and I made margaritas and canoli cupcakes for our birthday girl.



Tomorrow is moving day. It won't be fun clearing out their houses, but it needs to be done and once it is...I will feel some relief and truthfully also lots of claustrophobia as we house furniture for the interim. Casa Wags is busting at the seams, but it's all good.

Sunday we have a little celebration planned for the birthday girl.
 
 

No comments: