Thursday, June 15, 2023

Loosey Goosey

Today is a new day. A day I intended to start the same way as the day before, yesterday, but alas I came home from the train and crawled back into bed. To be fair, it's in the 50s and I was up later than I should have been to execute my plan. The thing is I came home from work yesterday and took a lovely nap. Lovely because it was long. Too long.

The kids come home from work starving every night so they have hearty snacks and that pushes dinner back. It's getting later and later. Last night it was closer to 10 o'clock than 9 o'clock. Ted and Lily went to the club to swim at 7ish. He's training for the Ironman. In September, he will swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.22 miles, or he won't. I say this not out of lack of support, but rather acknowledgement that this is a Herculean race. If anyone can do it, my money is on Ted. So swimming is his albatross. Lily is a fish. I love that they are working out, spending time together. Leaning on one another. Dinner can wait.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I just need to stock the frig with ready to eat/reheat items and be done with it. It's a transition though because my kids grew up with family dinner most nights of the week even when schedules were rife with homework, sports and jobs. Maybe we can have family breakfast. On Sundays. Some Sundays.

So I'll take my walk after work today and Thursday is leftover night. There are plenty of options if the fam uses their imaginations. Ted works from home tomorrow and Lils has a short day. I think I may take one too.


No comments: