Tuesday, March 14, 2023

weekending

I flew home from island paradise to a winter wonderland late Thursday night. We had to circle around for 20 minutes while they plowed the runways. I was just grateful we weren't stuck in Atlanta for the night. I woke up that morning eager to get home because travel days can be and often are the worst. This one was long, but without bumps literally and figuratively. It was a beautiful, white knuckle drive home, but reuniting with my kits kats (and hubby) made it all better. Sleeping in my own bed, despite the lovely Kimpton Seafire accommodations, was heaven.

Friday was a much needed snow day at home after a week away. Lil's arrived mid-afternoon for spring break and our first stop was the grocery to stock up on all the berries and other Lily favorites. It's the least I can do since she's stuck in snowy Wisconsin for spring break and I'm busy at work after 2 weeks off in the past 5. I think she's mostly ok with having some downtime and hammering out her application for the business school. Family dinners, games and movie nights too. We all love those. I tried to give her my ticket to Six this weekend, but she refused to accept knowing how excited I was for the performance. It was a sold out show, but there were two empty seats beside us, go figure. It was a really smart, fun show and the wives all impressively talented.

We just collaborated on a pot of soup: chicken, tomato, zucchini and orzo that was a comforting dinner on this cold night. After they clean up, we'll settle into our favorite family spots for a movie tbd. I am jonesing on these ordinary nights after so much going and doing. More on that soon.

For now...just a few scenes from the weekend.


 




No comments: