Friday, March 31, 2023

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A work from home day. I slept in, made my celery juice and now I'm enjoying my coffee while I tend to some business. I think I'll keep this post open all day and I'll add to it as something comes to me.


Lists. I have a lists of to dos that I plan to make very good progress on this weekend. I am feeling ready for a spring purge. A whole house cleansing. We have so much stuff. Too much. It's true with the kids setting up apartments, holding on to things has been smart and helpful, but it's also a challenge to store so much. We made a pact to fill our dumpster every week. 

It's going to be 60 degrees today. I think it's time to take down the rest of my winter decor. It's on my list.


Jess came for dinner this week. It was good to catch up and her visit persuaded me to abandon my dinner plan for cheese and crackers and pull together a tasty Pasta Primavera full of fresh peas, baby asparagus and broccoli. And ham.

My aunt gave me a ham last week and it needed to be used STAT. She gave it to me because she is in the process of packing up her whole house and has no time for cooking. I made her a big pan of Scalloped Potatoes and Ham today and I can't wait to bring it to her. I also made my Grandma Rosie's tuna because it is like getting a hug if you are an Evans. To round out the care package, I made homemade tapioca. That's an homage to my mom, and yes, it's another hug.

Spring thunderstorms, but not the severe ones. 

Animals in the yard. The red squirrels are back and I saw a coyote pup the other day. We just saw a robin and the birds are belting out their spring songs loud and proud.

The way Hazel announces herself when she enters every room every time. 


 The way Finn flops down right in front of you and stretches.

 The way Gus is unflappable. He greets everyone and is always in the thick of things. 

Ted does his own taxes now. He should probably do our returns as well. He's getting a nice refund. We shall see where we stand with Uncle Sam.

Last minute plans with old friends tomorrow. It'll be good to get out of the house and catch up.

Tonight we are staying in. I love Friday nights at home.


No comments: