Thursday, February 23, 2023

Checking In

Today's a snow day. It snowed most the day yesterday and through the night so I could go out now, but I don't plan to. Snow days inspire me to get in the kitchen, and I can use some encouragement on that front. I haven't been doing much cooking now that it's just the two of us, but the kids are coming home this weekend and that is also incentive to get busy. The first thing Ted will do when he gets home tonight is check out the refrig. Last time, he was disappointed. He won't be this time. I made a loaf of chocolate chip banana bread, and I have dough for peasant bread proofing on the counter. I browned a batch of Sweedish meatballs and chopped the ingredients for a hearty orzo dish I've been meaning to make. He can have either or both. His only request for the weekend or week (he isn't sure how long he's staying) is Chicken Tikka Masala. Lily is hungry for fajitas. I'm on both.

I'm also making crusts for tarts. One sour cherry and one chocolate. Sunday we will celebrate the February birthday girls with a brunch at Casa Wags. I haven't done much entertaining since the holidays. I'm looking forward to it.

Next week I'll be getting ready for Grand Cayman. I leave Friday and I'm looking forward to that too. When I return, I suspect we'll be in for a couple more months of cold and snow, but I'm ok with that. We had a lovely, long fall and a mild, dry winter so it makes sense that late winter/early spring will be inclement. I'm getting better at letting go of things beyond my control.


 


No comments: