Friday, February 10, 2023

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A great week in Mexico. Zihuatanejo is one of our favorite places and we went with our much loved friends. We are perfectly simpatico traveling partners and we share a love of this country and the people. They are warm and kind and incredibly hard working. We made many friends amongst the locals and also our fellow travelers. The weather was sublime every.single.day, the view from our hillside condo stunning, and the location a short walk to the Playa La Ropa in one direction and al centro in the other.

 


Mike and Sue, the travel pros of the foursome. They were on top of the arrangements, which was no small endeavor in today's no easy travel world. They had to find new flights at the 11th hour, navigate all of the TSA restrictions and take care of check ins and documents. Pete and I were along for the ride, and grateful.

Ted arrived safely in London this morning. He sent a picture of himself and Meryl. They look as adorable as they do happy to be together. It's his first time in Europe, but I know it won't be his last. Some day I will get there too.

 

The cats had great care while we were gone. The lovely soul who took such good care of them sent occasional pictures that I so appreciated and gave me peace of mind.










I'm getting my vacation pictures together and will be working on a vacation post this weekend. It will be good to preserve the memories of our trip. That's my job...my contribution.


 Pictures from home where a polar vortex moved in as we left making us extra thankful for our timing.


My brother-in-law for driving us to and picking us up from O'Hare at kind of crazy times.

A good week of getting back into the swing of things. I truly believe that the sign of a good vacation is a renewed vigor to get back to life.

In three weeks, I'll be in Grand Cayman. I'm making up for staying put the past couple years and remembering the reasons new people, places and experiences add color to my life.




No comments: