Saturday, October 3, 2020

Grateful Friday

 Today I give thanks for...

The month of October. It's my favorite and I plan to enjoy all 31 days of it.

Farmer's market finds. I have one month to take advantage of the fresh, local produce.

Yesterday I got a note in the mail from my friend who is fighting for her life. How she had the energy and wherewithal to write to me, I'll never know. She just finished her 5th chemo treatment and she has one more to go before she gets another scan. She is such an inspiration and a beautiful soul, and I pray a survivor. 

Our painting projects are done. I love the family room. It's so much brighter. I reconfigured some things and it seems bigger too. Now we have to get the floor installed and then furniture. It's going to be such an improvement. We also had the upstairs hallway painted. Why did it take us 15 years to do this?

Before and after...



A belated birthday dinner with my parents. It was so nice to go out and enjoy a meal. I had scallops, which I almost always get when I can. They were like butter.

My dad is joining this century. We gave him an unused iphone and he was like a kid at Christmas. Of course, he's yet to get a plan or get it activated.


Facetime for keeping us connected.


Bring your pet to school day.

BLT day at work yesterday. We had lunch by 11:30.

Celery juice for breakfast. Lil and I approve when it's mixed with cucumber and a fresh lemon. It's best on ice too. It's so easy to make.

Skillet breakfasts.


Debate vibes. Before and after...



Everyone's favorite family member.






No comments: