Saturday, October 10, 2020

Grateful

Today I give thanks for...

Sleeping with the windows open. We've had a beautiful week of warmer than normal weather.

Lunch with family yesterday. My brother in law made sandwiches and brought mom and dad over for a visit on the patio. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

Ted came home last night. He was back in Madison for two whole days. We won't see too much of him though as he came home to spend time with a friend who just moved back.

These two besties. Peanut, who has been gone for a year (sigh), was always her baby, but she's won over his brother now. One way she did this was by taking him outside often. Also by brushing him.

Lil's and I had a mid-week movie night. We both loved The Peanut Butter Falcon. It was the perfect feel good flick.

Fall. Today I'm going to get some mums and pumpkins for my porch.

Mike's going to hang some new light fixtures in our hallway.

Thursday night, Mike and I delivered dinner to friends. Pat just had his third knee replacement and we were celebrating the fact that the third time has got to be a charm. It was a happy visit.  I made them my Moroccan Yogurt Marinated Chicken and Red Lentil Dal. Mike grilled the meat and some veggies and we completed the meal with Naan. It's how I show my love...I cook for you. I think the Sweeneys know they are loved. 

This is the gist of the Ras El Hanout. It's a tasty blend.


Mike, our grill master. Bone on bbq chicken breasts are our fam fave.

King of the porch.


One last galette. There were no tomatoes to be found at the farmer's market this week, but Sue dropped some off from her garden. I did score another yellow watermelon to Miss Bit's delight. This time I used a dill Havarti and it was my favorite.

Ball jars.


 Friends are coming for dinner tonight. I'm excited to see them and to catch up. When I'm done here, I'm going to stuff my Portobello mushrooms and make salad dressing.

No comments: