Friday, December 13, 2019

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A day off. I love my new job. Well, not so new after a year. I like going to work. I have very flexible hours. I add value. I am appreciated. It's all good. So good that I forget to take a day off now and then just because. That's good too.

This morning, I let Mike sleep in while I got Lily to school and then I finished one book and started another before he woke up.

We decided to walk the parkway instead of trek to the Audubon to save time since we were getting a little later start than planned. We talked about our holiday plans and came up with some good ideas.

We got some shopping done. We have just a few more gifts to purchase. 

We went for blinner at 3:30 (breakfast, lunch and dinner). I had a delicious gyro at our neighborhood bar and grill.

Then I curled up on the couch and fell asleep after a few chapters.

Now I'm here. Looking back on this week's bright spots and blessings.

This sky. The winter sky gives me the feels.


An almost full moon in the twilight sky.



A date with my guy to see a show on a Sunday afternoon. We agreed it was such a sweet story. As we walked across the street for a little holiday cheer, we were both singing Omar Shariff. Before we left, the rain turned to snow and it was such a cozy December date.



We've all noticed a change in this guy since he's become an only. He's a chatter box, a lap cat and he no longer minds being picked up and held. In fact, he begs for it.



A perfectly runny yolk. This is making me hungry.


Lily is kicking butt in school, has good friendships and a healthy attitude. I know how blessed I am to have such a hard working, kind, confident daughter.



Ted is in the midst of finals and he sort of slayed his first semester. I read a paper he asked me to proof recently and I was more than impressed. He will be home some time in the next 7 days.



Dining rooms. My dining room especially at Christmastime. It becomes the heart of the house.





Yes, another picture of my French silk pie because it's quite a looker here. My guy helped me perfectly place these mini chips when I grew impatient. I'm an oxymoron: a baker with little patience.



Lots of walks this week.


Tigger is such a kid at heart. This guy loves Christmas. Christmas is for cats.



Santa Amazon brought this gift early. We decided he needed it now since it's damp and cold.



A cozy new pink sweater I almost sent back, but got many compliments on the frigid day I wore it. Apparently, it's a keeper. 

This is my favorite time of year. I love the focus on family, festivity, faith.


No comments: