Friday, December 2, 2022

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Where to start? I've missed this weekly ritual of gratitude giving. Acknowledging my blessings reminds me of how much I have to be thankful for. Turns out it's very good for my spirit to shine the light on all that is good.

It makes my mama heart happy that my kids are in such positive places. It's the piece de la resistance for my peace of mind. They are both killing school and thriving in their personal lives too. They are making good choices and surrounding themselves with good eggs.

Friends. It was a pleasure to open our house to Ava and Meryl last weekend. They are both lovely ladies and we enjoyed getting to know them. 


I love this picture Ted sent me of him and Meryl. They were cooking for Ted's roommates. They have Familia night each Monday. Every week a different guy is responsible for Monday night dinner. They made Ted's famous Spicy Sausage and Broccolini pizzas and Meryl's famous Blueberry Milk Shakes for dessert.


Family. The glue.




Friends who are family. Ted and Olivia, born 4 days apart, are just weeks old here. These two are graduating this month. Graduating from college. This is the true definition of #yearsareminutes. I remember these squishy babies like it was yesterday. I miss them, but I'm proud of and excited for both of them. She will begin her career in finance and Ted will be starting his masters in tax.


I finally reconnected with one of my oldest friends. We'd been out of contact for almost 2 years. Neither one of us knew why and we both felt hurt and confused by our separation. All it took was a hug, a few tears and a 3 hour brunch to get back on track.

Neighbors. When Mike was hunting, the heat went out during a cold snap. I realized this at 7 o'clock one night. My neighbor is a HVac expert so he came over and got my furnace working. Then he texted Mike to let him know that the part he needed was $2. I'm pretty sure he saved us $200. Another neighbor left a loaf of homemade bread in my mailbox just because.

I'm finding my Christmas spirit. I knew I would. I started trimming my dining room tree last night and we will get our live tree today. After the kit kats took the lights off, Mike restrung them. I absolutely hate that job. This morning the tree was untouched. Shopping has started (I'm done with Lils and the kit kats) and the planning has begun. And while there's a lot to do, I'm most excited to simply be.

The master bath is looking refreshed after a fresh coat of paint and new towels and accessories. I'd love to gut the whole thing, but that's the 5-10 year plan and we'll likely be moving on by then.

Lils has decided to come home mid-month and then drive up for her day of exams. More Lily time is something I am most grateful for.
 
 
Although it's going to be 50 today, I'm starting to crave comfort food. This weekend I'm going to make a big pot of Chicken Wild Rice Soup and a loaf of Peasant Bread. I think I'll be sharing.
 
It will be the tres amigos 2nd Christmas. They are eager little helpers. They love all the boxes that are arriving and those coming up from the basement.



No comments: