Friday, November 4, 2022

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A quiet weekend at home. I didn't get back from NY until 10 o'clock Saturday night. It was a long day of cars, wheel chairs, planes, more cars. A two hour delay on the runway while they repaired a fuel line that was leaking. A two hour delay while we waited for Linda's son in law to pick us up. A 45 minute wait in a drive through that just about did me in because who needs Portillos at 9 o'clock at night. A 1 1/2 hour flight should not waste a whole day, but then I didn't make the arrangements.


 I am planning our trip to Chicago next week. We've been trying to go since September and it is finally working out on Mike's birthday weekend. I've got some fun things planned.

That our plane did not catch fire. It is a little unsettling to see a line of fire trucks racing across the runway right at you.



Knowing I was missed. The kit kats have been extra present and snuggly especially my Hazel girl. Mike missed me too for the record.
 
 

It's been an incredible week of 70 degree days. While I love fall sweatshirt weather, I am not complaining.  

  
I finally finished Notes on an Execution. It took me so long to read it that I think it lost a bit of its impact. Dani Shapiro's new novel arrived just in time for me to take it with me to NY. I didn't have  much time to read, but I am off to a good start and rumor has it we're in for a rainy weekend.

I found an old New Yorker cover at a street vendor for each of the tres amigos that uncannily captures  their unique personalities.

 Finnegan is always finagling into baskets, bags, boxes.
 

 Our lady Hazel loves to window watch.



And Gus is always in the midst of everything, the life of the party, in the thick of things. He would totally hang out at Grand Central Station.

 My brother and sister-in-law are going to Madison this weekend so the kids will be wined and dined.

No comments: