Friday, October 14, 2022

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Lils is coming home for the whole weekend. I can't wait to spend time with her and pamper her. It's going to be a good weekend for apple picking and scary movie watching and pumpkin carving.

The change in weather has the cats being so snuggly. They are curling up on laps, sleeping in piles and seeking out the sun spots.

 

 Fall colors. There is a row of maples a street long that I drive by every day. It's a wonder how they are changing so symmetrically and seemingly overnight.

Sweater vests.

Political debates even when they're cringy and biased.

Kids who understand the importance of their vote. Ted's filled out his ballot and Lily will this weekend.

I'm almost finished with Notes on an Execution. It's been with me for at least a month. I have been reading at night when I'm half asleep so it's been a lot of rereading It is well written and compelling and has me thinking about what I will read next.


We're about to pull the plug on Zihuatanejo in January. It seems like a terrible time to travel: two kids in college, 3 apartments and a mortgage, a free falling stock market, the brazenness of the Mexican cartels. So I'm betwixt and between YOLO and guilt and fear. Mike is all in.
 
My husband who never buys anything came home with this last week.
 
 
Cats in costume.
 




 


No comments: