Friday, August 19, 2022

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Cake for breakfast. It's my birthday weekend and today we started the celebration at work.

Ted's coming home today. Yay!

A movie night with Lil's last night. She wanted scary and it was slim pickings so we cued up an oldie. Communion didn't scare her the way it scared me the first time I saw it, but she also stopped laughing.

The owls (yes plural) I heard calling to each other last night in the back yard.

The hummingbirds that have been coming to my strepto carpella every gloaming. Can you see the little guy?

That we weren't asphyxiated when Lily left the car running in the closed garage last night for hours before I realized it. 

I finally made it to the farmer's market. 

These baby tomatoes that we eat like popcorn and are sweet like candy.


  Open windows day and night.

 


 


Nachos for dinner. It was Lil's choice and a good one on a summer's eve.

 
 
 Getting prepped. I have all the kids bedding bought, washed and packed for move ins at the end of the month. Mike picked up a new dresser for Ted for $10 since we're furnishing a second apartment for him for fall. I was able to get a desk for a steal too. We're going to have the rummage sale of the century when these kids settle down.

10 more days with this girl in the 414.

 

Ted's full security deposit was refunded on his apartment last year. While it should have been as we left the place immaculate, often times these management companies take advantage. I'm also grateful that this year's rental is with the same firm.

I have the house to myself. The kids are golfing and Mike is with his dad. I just woke up from a restorative nap and now I'm going to workout.

The tres amigos are still napping.


 



 

No comments: