Saturday, August 13, 2022

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A walk with Lily last night. She wasn't very talkative, but I get that this is a tough week of goodbyes. Getting out and enjoying the beautiful night was good for both of us...mind, body and spirit.

This has been girls week. They are spending as much time together as possible. Eeking out every last moment. It's sad and it's sweet. It took Lil's awhile to find her tribe so she's feeling lots of feels to start over again. When she came home from gathering with the girls last night, she needed a hug. And an ear. I was happy to give both. And while I know she is emotional right now, I also know what a strong head she has on her shoulders and a pure heart as her compass. 

An owl in our yard. I heard it as I was tucking in for the night. Lils heard it too so roused me because she knows my affinity for owls. We sat for a few extra minutes listening to it call into the night under the full moon and I'm pretty sure I slept better for it.

finding her random selfies on my phone. I'm really going to miss that. 


Ted has one more week at Anderson. He has had such a great summer. He has worked hard and played hard. He's made important connections, new friends and he's gotten to know and love a new city. I think he's also gotten rather fond of living alone in the Gold Coast with a view of Lake Michigan. But I also think he's looking forward to moving back to Madison for the semester in a house with 5 guys and a view of the business school.

While both of my kids will be gone come fall, I am comforted that they are going to be in the same city and only 90 miles away.

We already have reservations for Homecoming weekend and plans to meet up with old friends.

We decided to scrap our family beach day on Sunday thanks to the rain, but my brother and sil came with the ingredients for Lily's favorite buffalo chicken wraps. The girls sat around the island while the guys made her birthday dinner and it was a good pivot...a good night.

Plans to celebrate my birthday at Windmill Beach.

The mid-term election is in 88 days. I am fired up. 

Pizza night with friends. It will be a good start to the weekend.

Cat candids.








No comments: