Saturday, November 21, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

My brother-in-law. He came to help Mike move a piano from our neighbor's across the street to our house. Moving pianos is serious business. He did it without a single complaint and then stayed for dinner: bowls of warm soup. That was his payment. It was a lovely way to start off the week.

We have a piano. It does need tuning.

My son, the GOAT. His team took first place in this semester's business school case competition. He was the presenter and one of the judges gave him his business card because he was rather impressed.

He'll be home for the holidays next week. He'll be home next week for months.

Grandpa hooked him up with one of his clients to talk about a business venture T Bone is working on. T Bone has lots of big ideas, but he needs guidance with developing a business plan.

Sue and I were talking about favorite Christmas movies this weekend. She was surprised I've never seen Love, Actually. It was delivered to me by Amazon on Monday. That was a happy and thoughtful surprise.

Staying connected as best we can. A long chat with my aunt in Michigan one evening this week..

A date with Candace this week. We walked the river trails on a beautiful 60 degree late afternoon and then came home for a glass of nice cab.

A mother daughter walk and talk this early evening. We're off to a good start for our girl's week. Lily let me read and nap while she made us dinner the other night and then we watched a movie. Rebecca. It was decent. Tonight will be another movie night. 

Tomorrow is a work day. I have a list of projects that need attention and I'm feeling ready to tackle them. Lily is volunteering at the food pantry. We'll probably do carryout and stay in cozy.

I'm scheduled for a COVID antibody test on Sunday. Ted, who tested negative for COVID, has one on Wednesday.

I'm putting up my dining room tree on Sunday. I'm seeing more and more decorating and while it seems just a tad early, I cannot deny that this year we need whimsy more than ever.

A new camo scarf. I love scarves and I love camo. Come December 1st, the only packages in the mail will be for others. The no shopping for oneself rule is a firm December edict.

Going to bed a little earlier to read. My main book this week is Empty. It's filling my head though.

  The impulse to narrow everything to inheritance can obscure other influences.

Getting up earlier. Twice this week I was up by 7 o'clock. I'm working on making that a habit.

A new plan for Thanksgiving this year. It's unlikely we'll be 10 around the table, but we're thinking creatively and  making the best of the shittiest year ever.







No comments: