Saturday, February 23, 2019

Saturday Morning

I let myself sleep until I woke up this morning. 
I've been awake for a mug of lemon water and half a cup of coffee.
The freezing rain has turned to fat fluffy snowflakes.
This is my weather.
My guy read me a review of the concert Lily attended with friends last night.
When she told me she was going to see Travis Scott, I naively thought country.
That was ridiculous on my part as she's not a big country fan.
She's not a little one either.
Her first concert was a hip hop explosion.
I'm sort of glad I didn't know.
I went to see my favorite young performer in the final show of her high school career.
Before hand I enjoyed a quick glass of wine with her mother who happens to be one of my oldest and dearest friends.
A quick glass of wine was not long enough.
It never is, but it was something.
Cate was the beautiful, bone chilling voice of Audrey Two in A Little Shop of Horrors.
Her last show was my first of this particular production and it was special.
She is special.
The Catalanes and the McGurks, the Danes and the Evanses, the Gwidts and the Wegehaupts...we have a shared history and are more like family than friends.
One of my friend's acquaintances mistook us for sisters.
That's a common occurrence.
I came home to an empty house.
Ted trailed in not long after in his slippers.
He'd been out for dinner with friends...in his slippers.
Mike was next.
He too was out with friends on this Friday night.
He was not wearing slippers.
Lily texted that the show was pretty good and she liked it.
She was home at her friend's for the night.
Oh, and she bought a really cool Travis sweatshirt at the show.
Suddenly I was 14 again standing in line for a Violent Femmes T Shirt I don't think I ever wore.
Knowing everyone was safe and sound, I headed to bed feeling full and happy and blessed.
My wise Instagram friend shared in a recent post that she's been lost in life.
That sure resonated with me.
Not busy, but present.
And that is my goal every single day.
My prayer every night.
To simply be.here.now.



Mother and daughter.

No comments: