Friday, February 15, 2019

Grateful Friday


Today I give thanks for...

Friday. It was sort of a strange week. It felt really long even with a snow day Tuesday. 

A snow day Tuesday.

After playing hockey and broom ball all day, Teddy came home and got his baseball net set up in the driveway so he could hit some balls. That is a snow plow making another pass in the background after 24 hours of snow. That is dedication. 




Peanut cozied up to the heater as the temperature dropped.


And then I wrapped him in my scarf.


The morning sky the day after the epic snowstorm.


Ted got up before the sun that morning to put the banana bread in the oven and to practice putting in the basement before school.

Four seasons. So many people were moaning and groaning about the weather, but not me. I love a big snowstorm and I even love the winter.

A pan of chicken enchiladas for dinner. I finally perfected the recipe so I hope I can remember how I made these because we all were raving over them. I love a one pan dinner too.

  

 Valentine's Day. Holidays. I also love every single one of them. I got up early to make my guys camel's eyes. Lily shuns breakfast these days. Then I baked a loaf of banana bread and I took it in to work. Alan and Linda were very very happy. He brought bagels and she brought chocolate covered strawberries and candy. It was sweet.

Valentine's Day was very low key at Casa Wags this year. Mike and I celebrated over the weekend and both the kids got their gifts early. Mike and I cooked with our cocktails. It was a team effort to make our delicious spaghettios and meatballs. French silk pie was for dessert. The four of us had lively conversation during dinner, some laughs too and then I felt sad when it came up that this is Ted's last Valentine's Day at home. How on earth am I going to send him a French silk pie in the mail?





A little sprucing up of the rec room. It's very dated, but we did a deep clean, added some candles and twinkle lights, new pillows, and a rug. Ted even noticed and Lily has been choosing to hang out down there more often. I have a few more ideas to further improve the space.

Both the kids got straight As first semester and made the high honor roll. We are super lucky to have motivated, hard working students.

Cute and sweet too!


No comments: