Friday, February 8, 2019

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...                                                                                                                         

A really fun night out with the family of four last Saturday. We had our hearts set on one place and then tried another because we were still hoping for Mexican, but the waits were crazy long. It was a nice night in the city after a cold stretch and the streets were hopping and popping. We ended up at an old favorite and everything was delicious. Everyone was happy. We had burgers and wings instead of burritos and chips and salsa. All good.


Ted's on his way to Utah for a ski trip with friends. It's supposed to snow the entire time he's there. He hasn't really skied in a couple years. Of course, he's been dreaming of black runs, tree skiing, tricks and moguls. I asked him to be humble and prayed to God to send him home with no broken bones.

Last night he came home with news that he received a dispensation to play two WIAC sports this spring. He's decided to play both golf and baseball. I warned him that he won't play either if he comes home in pieces. He grew up playing ball, but learned to love (and obsess over) golf. I actually kind of love that he's going to play both because he doesn't want to let either team down and they both fuel him in different ways. I'm not exactly sure how that's going to play out given the different swings and that powerful muscle memory, but I'll be cheering him on.

I showed Ted a picture taken at Park City many years ago. My mom, my brother, my husband and I are perched at the peak of one of the runs looking fresh faced and very very young. Also matching. We all had on navy and green jackets. It's pretty funny and also sweet. Good memories.

Ted texted from the road that he is a recipient of Boulder's School of Business Leed's Scholarship. Super proud.

The cold stretch aka the Polar Vortex has lead to lots of brotherly love at Casa Wags. When I see them like this, I think about how they were rescued from a bush as babies...abandoned, but always together...always keeping one another warm. Brothers.


I made pizza dough before work Wednesday morning. I posted about it on Instagram and I got some feedback about being a rock star, but the truth is it took me 2.3 minutes. So little time and such a great reward. The dough rose on the counter all day. It doubled in size. When I walked in late afternoon, the house already smelled like pizza. I made a quick sauce. Super easy and fresh. Mike and I kneaded and stretched the dough. Jess decided to come for dinner, and on a random weekday night we enjoyed a pizza party. That to me is the way to end a good day.

Lily's been better about making her bed since her room redo. I'm a bit of a stickler about bed making probably because I'll make my bed every day even it it means It'll make me late for work. I'm also a madwoman about clothes strewn all over the floor.


Lil's room is such a cozy, comfortable space now and I'm so glad we said yes to making the changes because she loves it.


Our annual north woods lake vacation is booked and partially paid for. 

Edamame just the way we like it. Sauteed in EVOO in a cast iron skillet with some crushed garlic and chili peppers. Then sprinkled with lime juice and finished with some flake salt. It's addictive!


Backgammon and beans.


Prince Peanut. He's the sweetest.


Warm blueberry muffins and crispy bacon. Lily had a friend sleepover Friday night. I felt guilty because they didn't get their McD's from Uber Eats until after 10 o'clock so I got up early to make them breakfast before she had to leave for a dance practice. Baking is one of the ways I show my love.


Kopp's burgers. My boss brought them back to the office after an appointment this week for lunch and then we left early to nap.

Three workouts this week. Just 20 minutes the other day that kicked my buttocks. Circuit training. I literally could not do another set and I'm still sore. This is proof that I need to keep on keeping on. I can. I will.

When Mike makes his ribs. Notice how I am grateful for this right after I talk about the pain of working out. He made them Sunday for Super Bowl. So so so good! He's the master.

We're headed to Green Lake tomorrow for a Willy Porter concert. I'm looking forward to the overnight date with my guy. We'll listen to some good music and have a nice dinner and just enjoy some time alone.

No comments: