Wednesday, September 26, 2018

weekending

i've been a little quiet here lately.
that's because life has been moving at a frenetic pace.
i'm just trying to stay sane and keep up.
it's not always easy, but things are mostly good.
very good.
friday after a great job interview, i decided to surround myself with positive things.
it would have been my mom's 70th birthday.
i don't like doing the math.
it's been a decade now that she's missing from my life.
and yet as soon as i write that, i know that's not true.
i prayed to her on my way to the interview and i felt her with me throughout the day.
a day spent with candace and jess people who knew and very much love and miss her too.
candace has a mass said for my mom every year, and i joined her.
then we headed to the swinging door to toast mc gurk with miller lites midday.
our hearts were less heavy together remembering...honoring.
after a quick nap, jess and i headed north for a girl's night.
our first stop was il ritrovo for pizzas and wine.
there were just two spots for us at the bar.
it was perfect and delicious.
who knew that cauliflower and calabrian chilies would make such delicious toppings?
our destination for the evening was an evening with medium, mollie morningstar.
i both did and did not expect a reading.
i expected one because it was my mom's birthday.
i didn't expect one because i felt her all day and it felt greedy to get more.
the truth is i was hoping danny would come through.
i'm pretty sure my mom came, but i was resisting.
i was waiting to be 100 when you only have to be 50.
mollie talked of this woman dying young and then said like 40.
she talked about her beautiful hair, and her illness.
then she talked about an aunt (loie) and a boy in a cap and gown (teddy).
i waited to put my hand up until she said my name.
yes, she said kristin.
jess and i agreed that we won't do another group reading.
saturday we celebrated my dad's 71st.
the guys golfed and then we convened at their house for a delicious bbq spread.
as per usual, my dad cooked for us.
it was a beautiful day and a good time.
sunday the kids had plans so i convinced mike to apple pick with me.
i think he actually enjoyed it a little.
and we got a lot of tasty fruit.
i spent the evening with sylvia, which is always nice, but i missed sunday dinner with my family.
i have yet to beat her at scrabble, but i'm getting closer.













No comments: