Friday, September 28, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Timing is everything. I had job interview last Friday that couldn't have come at a better time or have gone better. I connected with both the partners and I left there with an offer for exactly what I was looking for on all terms. We're sneaking up on the one year mark since I left my job. This feels like closure on what has been a difficult, illuminating year of introspection and action.

This sky last Friday morning. It was my mom's birthday. She would have celebrated 70. It's been a decade to the day since she took her last breath. When I saw this splendor from my driveway before the rest of the neighborhood roused, it felt like an affirmation that she is still shining.




Giving myself the day to do what I needed to do. A day to celebrate life...hers and mine. 

The support I get from my fristers. I miss my mom every day, but I'm lucky that I never feel alone because of my tribe. Together we pray and cry and laugh and drink beer and eat pizza and tell stories and make memories and always always have each other's backs.


A new stack of reads. I've not been inspired to read much lately, which just never feels right to me. I started The Wife because I want to see the movie. It's not exactly what I expected, and yet I've only got about 30 pages left. I will reserve my final review until I read the last word, but I think the wife will have it. I also started Levy's The Cost of Living. I had two powerful aha moments in the first two essays. This book definitely is compelling to me especially because of the timing.  


You see, I quit my job of 6 months on Monday because I could no longer ignore the red flags. It didn't unfold as planned, but shortly after I calmly confessed that it was time for me to move on, I realized that it was a perfect ending to this toxic situation. I took the high road, I took my name back, I took control.

Not looking back.

Now I only have 3 jobs. Things are in full swing with my freelance gig. My plan is to get it down to 2.

Scrabble with Sylvia. I'm getting better although I've yet to beat her.

Pumpkins and $5 mums and cool mornings and nights. I love fall.


Taking the long walk.


Taking a time out.



The first full moon of fall.


No comments: