Sunday, November 18, 2012

2 day pass

this weekend was full in a good way...just the right way..for us all.
coach was at a cabin in the woods with the hunters in his family.
he didn't get a deer, but that is ok with more than just miss bit.
i think he goes more for the camaraderie than the venison.
t. bone's weekend was filled with lots of basketball: 1 practice, 2 games and a little hoops with me-
a game on our home court after our lunch date.
date as in just the two of us.
miss bit attended a birthday party that included a very cool drum circle, went to a bon fire at the neighbor's and to see a high school performance of peter pan with me.
it was a good show and both me and my girl were impressed by these young talents.
when i asked her if she wants to try out for her school's spring musical, she told me that she has here sights on the part of annie.
she's shooting for the star, but would be happy being one of the orphans just the same.
i soaked up the sun during my walk saturday.
it was so unseasonably warm that i was uncomfortably overdressed, and yet it was lovely to be out sweating.
i shared wine and stories with one friend friday and another the next.
on saturday, i made my favorite pasta (whole wheat linguine and asparagus topped with a poached egg, parmesan and cracked pepper) and served it alongside a ceasar salad with my homemade dressing.
it was so good that coach and i reheated it for sunday dinner too.
only this time i added some crumbled bacon and it was the only way to make the best better.
we ended the weekend with buzz and woody.
i enjoyed toy story 3 just as much the second time as the first.
i'm headed up to bed right behind the kids tonight because i cannot keep my eyes open.










No comments: