Thursday, May 19, 2022

Brain and Photo Dump

I haven't been taking many photos. That's unusual for me. Below are a few from recent weeks that tell you a lot about my current headspace. I'm betwixt and between: seasons, stages, cities. The one consistency is Casa Wags where the three amigos remind me to sit down, relax and breathe. I am unapologetically that crazy cat lady.

We moved Ted home from Madison last weekend. He'll be here for a few weeks before spending the rest of the summer in Chicago, which right now is only slightly less violent or dangerous than Milwaukee, a fact that is weighing on me heavily. I feel like we are bursting at the seams with stuff as we shift households again. My dad laughed when I told him I could use his expertise in transportation logistics after his many years in that profession. I wasn't joking.

We're going down to Chicago Saturday to clean his apartment, take some essentials and measure before we do the big move. I'm not sure that they will appreciate me coming through the lobby of the John Hancock with buckets and brooms, but I don't really care. They do not make it easy for you to move in.

Before summer is over, we have 4 more moves. Madison to Madison apartment TBD, Chicago to Milwaukee and then both kids back to Madison. And yes, my head hurts. My body to my bones too. I have a gazillion lists and color coded calendars and I'm doing my very best to take it day by day so as not to steal the sweetness of the here and now.

Last night the guys went to work out together after Ted spent the day golfing. Lily came home from senior skip day at the Brewer's game and hung out with a friend in the basement. I took a cat nap before a friend came to dinner. Mike made his bbq ribs and while it was just an ordinary day, it was special. Worth noting because how we spend our days is how we spend our lives. It can also be said that who we spend our days with is who we spend our lives with and that is what matters most. I want to be present today. Tomorrow will be here soon enough.






















No comments: