Friday, February 18, 2022

Grateful Friday

 Today I give thanks for...

Teddy coming home for an impromptu visit last week. The kittens were thankful for his presence too.




Licky pop treats. It's their favorite.



This Valentine's Day bouquet. I am in the camp that believes Valentines is a bit of a Hallmark holiday and yet, I still indulge my loved ones because I think mid-February is the perfect time to give little treats and tokens. They indulge me too.


Lils loves making Rice Krispies Treats. They taste even better when heart shaped and made by her.


Besties.


A new cashmere sweater. A valentine to myself.
 

And Ann Patchett's book of essays called These Precious days.

Gus, my constant kitchen companion. Here he is very interested in my tuna casseroles. It's a good thing he's so scrumptious himself.


New recipes. This casserole was Damaris Phillips' recipe. She beat Bobby Flay with it and it is a winner. I loved the campanelle pasta, the Gruyere, the potato chips on top. The recipient's also agreed.

The cats licked these cans of tuna clean. Gus would have kept at it all day long if I had let him. He may have eaten the can.



Hazel my absolute honey. I know I say this often, but she truly is the sweetest little lady and we are all totally smitten with her.


What holiday lunch looks like when you are two Jews and a gentile. We had Katz Deli delivered last week and it was a treat. The sour dill pickles were the best. We can't get those around here.


Sunday stock. Everything, but the kitchen sink.


Last night's almost full moon. I was a little cranky when I saw I had to hall the rest of the trash to the curb for pick up today, but then I saw that beaming celestial beaut and I was grateful for the chance to look up. No picture. They never translate.

I spent last night watching Scenes From a Marriage. I was so drawn in by the authenticity and vulnerability of the story, the acting that I watched all 5 episodes with Gus sound asleep on my lap. It was remarkable how the house was like another character. Today I'm thinking about what makes a house a home and eager to watch the 1973 original by Ingmar Bergman.

One more month until these three turn one. Yes, there will be presents.




No comments: