Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Wedding Weekending

This past weekend was one of celebration. There was a wedding that felt like a bit of a reunion, a birthday and just the joy of a beyond beautiful fall weekend. I cannot remember the last wedding I attended. It's been eons. Mike's cousin tied the knot at The Waters, which is on Lake Winnebago. The setting was stunning and the day sublime for outside nuptials in November. No one was cold except for the Texas relatives and if they'd have been warm, we'd have been hot. It was good to dress up, catch up with family, meet some new people, toast young love and party into the night with an extra hour.

 

Sunday the weather was just as lovely, and on the drive home, the colors were still wowing. The tamaracks were a showy yellow and they lined the highway like golden soldiers. I forget how restorative a 24 hour getaway can be. There's much to be said for stepping out of ones routine and visiting new places.

Lils enjoyed having the house to herself while we were gone although some girlfriends spent the night. The kittens were happy to see us, but I know they got plenty of attention while we were away.

 
 

We weren't home for long before heading to dinner at the in laws for my mil's birthday. It was me, Pat and the boys. Mark planned the steak dinner, we brought dessert and the guys cleaned up. We spent most of the evening sharing stories about the wedding the night before.

We were home in time to watch Succession. That's our Sunday night guilty pleasure. I forget how much I love a Sunday night show.

I was in bed early with Group, a memoir I've decided to pull the plug on halfway through. I don't like Tate at all and I don't believe her story. I don't know that I'd call this group therapy. Certainly not healthy therapy. And if you have to be in group therapy for decades, I'd call that co-dependency. Not judging...just not relating. Reprieve is giving me a reprieve.


It's already Wednesday and I'm looking to the weekend ahead. It's Mike's birthday weekend so we'll be celebrating again. 

No comments: