Friday, November 29, 2019

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Morning walks. The fresh air, the smell of the woods, the sound of my breath...they ground me and fill me with gratitude that the sun shines on a new day and I'm here to move through it.



Patience. This beauty hasn't bloomed in a few years.


And now here it is almost right on time. Isn't it amazing?


NPR Tiny Desk Concerts. This morning I enjoyed Lizzo more than a woman my age should, and also Khalid and John Legend.

An early Thanksgiving celebration with my brother and sil this week. We had beautiful steaks and delicious mashed potatoes from Alison Roman's new cookbook. The addition of fresh dill was a very good one. I made my Mom's zucchini casserole. This time I added leeks instead of onions and I used a good white cheddar. It was a very happy pre-holiday celebration.

   



Ted came home on Monday. This trip home has been more about hanging with his buddies, but I'm good with that. There have also been some sweet family moments.





Tigger loves his cozy new bed.


Traditions.


 Lucky birds. Free and clear on Thanksgiving Day.



Going out for Thanksgiving dinner was better than I expected. The food was good enough and the atmosphere was festive. It sure was nice not to have the mess and the clean up. Honestly, I didn't even mind the lack of leftovers because I hate hate packing to gos. Then we enjoyed the rest of the evening at my Dad's.


All that was left of this pie was a single slice. I tell you this pie is crack.


 I am feeling the Christmas spirit. I put up my Mom's tree and started decorating. Shopping too, but only online today.


No comments: