Friday, June 28, 2019

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

So much and so many. I've really felt my blessings lately.

I am grateful for a quiet weekend ahead. The last couple weekends were full to overflowing so it will be good to take a breath and chip away at some line items. My poor herbs need planting, there are stacks of clothes around my room and I need me some exercise.

I'm grateful for so many people showing up always and especially last weekend. It was a great party. Ted and O. both lamented the hard work of socializing, but they did a great job mingling and thanking the guests there to celebrate them.



I will forever be in debt to Pete and Sue for offering to host when we decided on a joint party. They have the most awesome outdoor accommodations, and it worked out perfectly because we were granted the gift of a day that could not have been any better.


My aunt and uncle came from Michigan and that meant the world to me. It's not the best time for them to travel for reasons I won't espouse upon, but they did. And then they came bearing wine and blueberry bread and extra hands to carry and chop and glue.



Friday night we had an impromptu kitchen party. My brother and sil came and we looked at old pictures, ate pizza and caught up. It wasn't the best night for me to burn the midnight oil, but I was so happy we were all together that I couldn't have gone to bed early if I wanted to.

T. didn't bulk when we got him out of bed early Saturday to set-up or Sunday to tear down, and Lily was such a big helper and it wasn't even her party.


My brother was in charge of fireworks and he put together quite a show. It was definitely the party favorite for all ages.



Nobody got hurt.



Or arrested.



Mike, Teddy, and Lily went along with my plan to all wear Badger gear to the party. It was a really fun show of school and family spirit.



 All the little touches.











Friends who are family.








 And always family.











I think Teddy is almost as excited to be a Badger as we are to welcome into the club.


The many faces of Ted. I did a picture board of Teddy faves and then one of Teddy with friends and family. It was so fun to watch the kids scour the board for pictures they recognized. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of the kids because I knew that would not be cool.



Lily's been rocking it at short nearly every night of the week.


We started Peanut on some medication. I'm praying that he starts putting on some weight.



Pink peonies from my yard.


Fruit tarts.


During our crazy week of party prep Sue and I said yes and YOLO. We went out for wine and cheese and then to hear Dani Shapiro read from Inheritance. It was a pretty bad-ass decision, and one I definitely do not regret. As I stood in line to have my memoir signed, I lost my words and could barely spell my name. I'm an awed fan.



No comments: