Friday, June 22, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

This cool, gray morning. It perfectly invites my morning ritual of coffee and books. I finished The Light We Lost today. It was a quick, entertaining story that I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a vacation companion. I felt that the characters were a little flat and annoyingly privileged and the story was mostly predictable, but it kept my attention. I doubt I'll be thinking about it in a week, but not every book has to leave a lasting impression.


A memoir in my pile and two books I've been anxiously waiting for at the library waiting for me.

It's officially summer despite the fact it's been almost chilly these past few days. I'm not one to complain about reprieves. We were in the 90s over the weekend so this actually feels good.


On the night of the solstice, we had a quintessential summer bbq. Mike pulled off some tasty ribs, I made homemade mac and cheese and we enjoyed some of the sweetest corn of the season. Never mind that we didn't sit down to eat until 8:30. Ribs take time. The morning after, Ted had a big plate of leftovers for breakfast. I made him pancakes for dinner. Anything goes in summer.

Like custard for lunch with this cutie.


I was able to send Teddy off to his golf tournament with a warm breakfast. He faced a day of chilly rain and didn't play as well as he hoped.


Summer blooms.

  


Lily got up to walk with me one morning. She loves the trails as much as I do. We didn't last long in the woods though. They paths were muddy and the mosquitoes voracious. I still loved having her in stride.

Another morning I crossed paths with a lone deer. She was curious of me and calm until I went for my camera. Then she made a beeline for the woods and disappeared into the brush.


Something my aunt did for me this week that was so unexpected and generous and thoughtful it reduced me to tears. 

Plans to road trip to Michigan later this summer.

Lily landed a 10 day dog sitting job. She's quite smitten with Capucci. She's also got cat sitting next week.

Ted did some landscaping for my brother yesterday and he caddies today. He's also picking up an application to be a pizza delivery guy.

The Affair is back on. I was not sure I liked how last season ended. I did like how this season started.

I experienced a technology boom this week. I had my first and then second video conference, I became acquainted with Google Docs and I finally got Spotify on my phone.

Iced tea.

No comments: