Friday, August 12, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The way Miss Bit likes to sleep in my old T-shirts, which are dresses on her.

T. Bone is finally feeling better. The strep test came back negative, but I know he had something nasty because he stayed on the couch for 2 days straight watching t.v. instead of attending football practice.

Mid-week movie night: Soul Surfer and popcorn. We all liked it. It made me want to move to Hawaii, but also to stay out of the ocean. Do we dare do Jaws next week?

A bit of a new look for the blog.

Cousin Carol finished her first (of 21) rounds of chemo and her doctor is very pleased with her progress. The drugs are killing the cancer cells and she is feeling good, strong and positive.

I finished listening to Little Bee yesterday afternoon just before it was due back to the library. It was disappointing in the end. Disappointing in the I wanted more way, not in the I wish I hadn't read it way. Now I will listen to Edgar Sawtelle, and I'm reading and enjoying Andre Agassi's Open.

Rainbow sherbert.

Starbucks on a lazy morning with my kids.
For him: iced Tazo passion fruit tea & lemon cake
For her: hot chocolate with whip & petite donuts with non pareils
For me: grande skinny hazlenut latte & the new Colbie Caillat cd

Actually cooking our dinner last night...not reheating it, or picking it up. Chicken marsala and zucchini casserole (my Mom's recipe, my Aunt's zucchini) never tasted so good. No matter that me and my man sat down to eat at 9:00 cuz there were zero carbs on our plates.

Limits. We all have them. As intriguing as this sounded, we passed on the cholesterol nightmare.


Daddy's girl.

Sunflowers.




Monopoly marathons.



80's revival.




Alpaca fur. These bears gave my mink teddy bear a run for his $$$$. I wish I lived in a place where it was possible to have chickens and raise alpaca.






My fair lady. She and I had such fun at the fair with Grandma. It was a great choice day!



No comments: