Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Waiting For My Words

It's been hard for me to find time to blog, or the desire if I'm being truly honest. You see I'm a firm believer that we can always make time for what we deem important. I find there's much truth to where there's a will there's a way. I have watched my will to write wane. I have felt my words go. When this happens, I spend more time ruminating and reading than releasing and rehashing.

But today we are enjoying a quiet morning so I find myself here. T. Bone is recovering from his mysterious, fading fever, Miss Bit is surveying her impressive birthday loot, and I am taking a break in between mounds of laundry and growing lists for groceries this week and for our vacation that is fast approaching. Something tells me today is going to be a day of many asides. I didn't sleep much last night is why. I just couldn't quiet my mind. I spent my should be sleeping hours on a tennis court in an endless match with countless game points. It was exhausting mentally and physically. It's no surprise since I'm in the middle of Andre Agassi's autobiography right now. I think I'm internalizing his feelings about the game. It's not surprising because the way I see it, I'm pretty much bottling up everything these days. Slowly and surely I'm trying to change that because nothing is right when I cannot write.


No comments: