Monday, July 11, 2011

On My Mind Monday

Childhood - which sets the scene, the determining scene, which establishes the norm, which has you observing other people's arrangements with surprise. Childhood - which you do not remember except in cinematic fragments, which was simply accepted and is forever the foundation on which you stand.

*****************************************************************

Penelope Lively

Family Album

*********************************


Reading this I'm reminded of so many glimpses of my own childhood. Memories I'm not even sure are all together authentic, yet have withstood the trying test of time, and therefore, are true and mine. Moments that make me who I am, images that influence my reality, cues that take me back and then propel me forward changed and yet the same.


(The above sentiment spoke to me, but there is clearly an overuse of the word which here. Rather a dull read too.)

No comments: