Thursday, May 6, 2010

On a Wing and a Prayer

Sometime between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. Tuesday morning after I finished my insomnia induced post, I decided I was ready for bed. As I made my way from the family room to the stairwell, I noticed that there was a light on in the kitchen...a light I was 99.9999% positive was not on when I made my way downstairs in the pitch black dark. Not to mention that it was the overhead light which we almost never use. Take one guess who it is I blame for that and note that I wasn't the least bit phased.

I wasn't phased, but it did get me thinking in the moments before I fell asleep about a conversation I had with my friend while our daughters frolicked in the yard Saturday evening. We were catching up and filling one another in on our recent goings ons so of course I had to divulge my channeling experience. She's open minded and Christian, and while she found my encounter intriguing, she had many questions. Questions I could not and cannot answer. Questions I don't need to answer. Questions I don't even want to answer.

I don't feel the least bit compelled to answer these questions because I quite simply and whole heartedly believe. My faith is not scientific. My beliefs are not technical, methodical, logical or empirical. My beliefs are intuitive and instinctive. I don't have to have the answers because I trust that HE does.

And here's the thing...I'm a girl who likes to be in the know. I want blue prints and itineraries and guarantees. I don't like surprises. What ifs and unknowns leave me unsettled and unstable, yet in surrendering my need to know I am filled with peace and harmony. That is precisely how my faith has been able to take flight.


No comments: