Saturday, April 27, 2024

Oh...Hey

I don't usually or ever blog on a Saturday night, but since the urge has escaped me lately, I thought I'd oblige now that it's here. Nothing profound...just life. It's already been a very good and full weekend. Tonight we are Netflix and couching it. We are in the midst of the German thriller Dark. It is fantastic and mind-bending and thought provoking. It's a series I'll re-watch at some point because I expect to understand it better the second time around. And it's no surprise that I traveled through time in my dream last night. I wonder where I'll go tonight.

We ushered in the weekend with Candace. She came for happy hour and it was so so good to catch up. She let me know that it's been a month since we were together at the Rickie Lee Jones concert. Time flies. She came with our favorite funky brie with bleu cheese. A bottle of wine later and we were mostly caught up.

Since we had snacks for dinner, we woke up hungry. Mike's cheesy egg muffins were the perfect quick breakfast to give us fuel for the day. We took advantage of the beautiful day to continue spring clean-up in the yard. Mike cut the lawn for the second time in a week. We got just enough done to say yes when my brother and sil stopped by for happy hour. I put together a pizza using the cheese orphans and stray Italian meat charcuterie in the deli drawer. A quick balsamic dressed vinaigrette for the baby arugula for the top was perfection. This is going to be my go to crowd pleaser this summer. There are 101 iterations. That's a lot of happy hours. 

The skies are rumbling. Storms are on the way. I'm glad that they held off until dark. Today was Crazy Legs and Mifflin Street Days in Madison so the kids were out and about. It was fun to get random pix throughout the day. Lily will be home this time next week. I'm looking forward to it.








No comments: