Friday, April 22, 2022

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Finding Gus. He snuck out through the garage recently and then disappeared. On the verge of a heart attack, I walked around the neighborhood clanging on his bowl and calling his name. I was making my way home when I saw him standing in the driveway proud as a peacock looking at me. As I approached him, he darted in the bushes and Mike and I worked together to finally coax him out. Mike scolded him. Finn scolded him. But that didn't stop him from trying to escape again later that day. Our resident Houdini is going to be a problem this summer.


 A haircut. I was embarrassingly overdue. 

Our energy bill was $70 under budget last month. Inflation is no joke. I cannot believe how much a trip to the grocery costs right now especially when Ted comes home and we stock him up.

Window open weather. The parade of dogs. The birds spring songs.

It's a rainy day. I can literally see the grass greening.

Getting up early yesterday for a walk before work. Morning miles feel so good. I need to get back into the habit of starting my day with a sweat.

American Idol. I haven't watched in ages, but I tuned in this season and I cannot believe the level of talent these contestants have. I'm rooting for so many of them.

Finding 50 cat toys behind the living room couch. It was like Christmas morning.

Catching up with my cousin recently. We kept missing each other.

Good Friday family dinner. We took Ted to one of our favorite pizza places. He was impressed.


Last week's full moon. 
 


Hints of spring.

 
Finny in a favorite spot.
 
 
Our Black Beauty.
 

Gus in a signature pose.


A good week at work.

A quiet night ahead. And just a few plans for the weekend.


No comments: