Monday, December 26, 2016

On My Mind Monday


"People were wonderful company sometimes."

~ Colson Whitehead
The Underground Railroad

These people always. We've spent the last couple days at home just the four of us and it's been such a blessing. We spent quality time together...chatting, playing games, watching movies. We also stole away to do our own things. Today I finally finished this novel. I want to tell you that I couldn't put it down, but I must clarify that is only because I wanted it to be over. Who was Cora? After 300 some pages I still felt disconnected from the main character. The story had such incredible potential, but it failed to deliver. This is another in a long stretch of Oprah picks that leave me wondering why. I'm finally at the point where if Oprah is touting it, I'll think twice about reading it.

No comments: