Monday, May 30, 2016

On My Mind Monday



"If the wind is right you can find the joy of innocence again."

~ Christopher Cross

I'm here at the computer uploading the hundred or so photos I snapped in the past 24 hours. My heart is full after a really beautiful time spent with family, but there is always that empty spot for missing my mom. She would have loved Windmill Beach. I can see her sitting on the shore wearing her Jackie O. sunglasses and a sipping a Miller Lite. Earth, Wind and Fire's September suddenly jolts me back to the present as it plays on Pandora at such a precarious moment: my mom's song here in the present and she in the past. The next song is Sailing and another that always reminds me of her. I'm listening now because this cannot be coincidence. 

I know what you're trying to tell me mom: to be happy, to let go, to be.here.now.

Thank you. I love you. Goodnight.

No comments: