Friday, March 11, 2016

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

First and foremost it is Friday.  It's been a doozy of a week with too many doctor appointments and too much sickness.  I'm still fighting off whatever I have and Lily is coming down with something similar just in time for the weekend.

She walked to the car with such a weary look on her face so I suggested we stop for stronger meds, fluids and lots of ice cream.  Then we curled up in my bed and watched Up together.  It was a really sweet afternoon.

When Russell said "That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most."  That's when Lily and I needed extra Kleenex and not because of our colds.

After Up, I joined Ted to watch Sixth Sense.  

When Cole says, "I see dead people."  I feel dead people.  I love the way I'm reminded of the little boy he once was when my almost fearless son watches scary movies. 

A stack of books and the better part of Homeland season 5 waiting.

You see where this is going.  Plenty of time for r&r&r.  Rest relaxation and recovery.  I'm good with that.

No plans for the next couple days.

I'll be ever grateful if Mike and Ted are spared this bout of sickness.