Friday, March 14, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A new stylus.  It has rejuvenated my Ruzzle game.

The kids have off today so they are spending the day with my dad. He took them skiing so they are really spending the day together on the mountain while grandpa relaxes in the lodge.  He is a strong candidate for Grandpa of the Year! T. Bone sent me a picture of Lil with poles, and she sent a video of him doing a perfect 360!  It's good for them to hang together. 



 Buddies on a different ski trip.

Coach and I had a free night last night so we went out for dinner and drinks.  Tomorrow we will go to the St. Paddy's Day parade sans kids too. 


Church this week.  It was the first Sunday of Lent so it was crowded.  Usually the 40 days of Lent are somber, but something about this week's mass felt a tad bit celebratory.  Perhaps it was the choir, or maybe the crowd, but whatever it was I left feeling lighter.

Glazed donut muffins.  So perfect with a cup of coffee.  They don't look like much, but they sure were delicious...were being the operative word.


I found a story I started a year ago that I thought I deleted. I have been so mad at myself because it was a good one and now I am working on finishing it.

Shamrocks.

Shamrock shakes.  It's the one thing I love at McD's.

I finished Out of the Woods.  It was just OK.  There were some interesting ideas, but I really felt the author held back and never connected the dots.  It fell short and I'm still not sure whether she was writing a memoir about her life or a matter of fact guide to not getting lost in the woods.

Now I'm reading Glitter and Glue.  I love Kelly Corrigan.  She is brutally honest and she lays it all out there.   I laugh.  I cry.  I feel.


My washer and drier.  I took quilts to the laundromat this week to use the triple load machines.  That whole experience makes me extra grateful that I only have to go there twice a year.

A car wash this week.  My white van is no longer grey.

I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired, but yesterday I woke up feeling 80%.  I'll take that and celebrate it too!

Tonight I am home alone with my boys.  We'll curl up, order a movie, open a bottle of wine and eat cheese and crackers for dinner.