Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Daily Dose of Inspiration...

A quote...

(picture taken during my walk along our inland sea this morning)

Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board. For some they come in with the tide. For others they sail forever on the same horizon, never out of sight, never landing until the Watcher turns his eyes away in resignation, his dreams mocked to death by Time. That is the life of men. Now, women forget all those things they don't want to remember, and remember everything they don't want to forget. The dream is the truth. Then they act and do things accordingly.

Zora Neale Hurston
Their Eyes Were Watching God

A recipe...


(last night's leftovers...today's lunch)

Green Rice:

Heat up a T. of oil of preference.  Add 3 cloves (more or less) of minced garlic and saute a couple minutes.  Add about 1/2 pound (or 2 cups) of finely chopped and then steamed kale.  Saute a couple minutes.  Add 2 cups of cooked brown rice.  Saute a couple more minutes.  Add 2 T. (more or less) of soy sauce.  Enjoy.  (This is Gwyneth's (Paltrow) recipe that I have only adopted.  She adds some chopped scallion at the same time as the kale.  Numerous of my family members would reject this rice were I to add a member of the onion family so I don't and simply pat myself on the back that they are eating kale.)  


A suggestion...

Find your Stevie Wonder CD.  Or maybe it's a tape.  Or cue him up on your I whatever.  Just play him.  Any song you listen to from any period in his long accomplished career is pretty much guaranteed to make you smile.  Like smile with all your heart.  Miss Bit was in the groove after seeing him on DWTS for the first time Monday night.  I've had a CD in my car ever since, and I've felt more joy while listening (and yes, singing along and maybe a little car dancing too) to him than I remember for quite some time.

A question...

Don't worry...it's an easy one.  Where are you finding your inspiration these days?  What is awakening your mind, heart and spirit?


No comments: