Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

This was my view upon waking this morning. The snow and the simple fact that it is Fat Tuesday gave me all the permission I needed to indulge myself. What that meant today was guilt-free time to read and write. It also added up to zero self chastisement over opting to scrapbook Miss Bit's golden 7th birthday and take time to bake an after school snack instead of log miles. It was the right thing to do seeing as how the donuts I made for breakfast were so bad they may even be rejected by the critters tonight, and my still recovering hamstring is flaring up again after really pounding the pavement in the past couple weeks. Lent begins tomorrow so I also spent some time reflecting about things I want to improve in the next 40 days. Self-examination is not always comfortable, but I know it is necessary and beneficial. It has come to my attention that I need to work on being stronger in practice and spirit. It's going to be a busy 6 weeks.

No comments: