Friday, September 16, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Moments like this...calm, cozy, content.


T. Bone survived his first motorcycle ride. I am not; however, grateful for how much he enjoyed it.

A new furnace just in time for the first frost.



Tonight T. Bone is going to the homecoming game to cheer on the high school team he aspires to play on one day.


Fake flowers...real people.



Miss Bit's teacher. She's my kinda gal. I like her as much as my girl does. So much so that I already baked her a loaf of zucchini bread.

T. Bone has made the transition to middle school seemingly seamlessly. He is on top of his tasks, working hard, staying organized, and also having some fun.

Our new morning routine. I get a little one on one time with T. Bone while he eats his breakfast. Then Miss Bit gets up and I sit solo with her. The other morning she said, "Sit down Mom. What should we talk about?"

As we sat side by side in my brother's car last weekend, Miss Bit took my hand out of the blue and said, "Awww you really miss your Mom don't you. I'm so sorry you don't have a Mom to take care of you." I wasn't crying when she said that, but I got just a tad verklempt afterwards.

When I told her that watching SpongeBob isn't good for her brain she said, "I hate that show. I'm never watching it again." She had just finished enjoying an episode only moments before.

The Middle. We all laugh.

After I beat my brother and sil in Scrabble last weekend (by 1 point...BUT), I couldn't get my hubby to play me. I think he's scared to lose his title now!!

Tigger only cornered, but did not catch the chippie the other day.


A shopping date after school with my girl. We went to her favorite store and bought most of what she tried on. She truly appreciated it and thanked me many times.


Hubby comes home tomorrow.



No comments: