Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Trails

Today I tread along old familiar trails. I traveled through twists and turns I still know intimately despite the fact I haven't taken them since fall. I'm reminded of the friend you haven't seen for ages, but you pick up right where you left off with comfort and ease. In this case...relative ease. Many of the footpaths were flooded by muddy puddles so maneuvering them required some intertesting and fancy footwork, and lots of lateral movement. I could feel it in my legs from my heels to my hips. I've racked up 15 miles in the last 48 hours, yet the truth is, I felt like I could have made another loop. I was nothing but energized by the shining sun, the chirping birds, the soft breeze, the burn in my legs and the peace in my head. I was happy to be back.


No comments: