Friday, April 1, 2011

Grateful Friday: A to Z This Week

Today I give thanks for... Apple slices dipped in crunchy natural peanut butter with honey for lunch or a snack. Breakfast for dinner and also alone with my hubby Sunday mornings. Cornflower clear blue skies. Dates every Thursday to visit the library with my girl while the boy has guitar. Easter basket goodies. I love squirreling away spring surprises for my kids. Family. They make every gratitude list. Always. Girl's nights, and the gusto to have more of them. Homework and how happy it makes Miss Bit to have it. Improvement. T. Bone is checking his inner comedian at the door before he goes into school. Now if I could only get him to study for his science test or finish the last 20 pages of his almost overdue library book when he gets up at 6:15 in the morning instead of fighting zombies. Jess. A great friend to me and an awesome aunt to my kids. She came to our rescue Saturday night. She took the kids to dinner at the restaurant of T. Bone's choice and to the movie of Miss Bit's choice and it was happiness for one and all. Today is a sad day beacause her Grandma went to heaven and I feel her pain and want to make her happy again. Kcups. I slept great from 9-1, and then was wide awake for several hours. Kona blend came to my rescue this morning.Learning, albeit the hard way, that Miss Bit must sleep in earrings right now lest her new holes close up overnight. When her little piercings started to scab up sans earrings, we were able to get her earrings through the next day despite her blood curdling cries and adamant claims that we were torturing her. "Man down! Is there a doctor in the house?" When someone yelled this during mass last Sunday, T. Bone's leg started shaking and his eyes got all shifty. He was so scared completely convinced that someone entered the church brandishing a deadly assualt rifle ready to rob parishoners or worse. I'd say that we need less time playing war games on the PS3. New jewelry. Most of my pieces arrived, and I'm quite smitten with them. I'm wearing my new earrings and ring today. Oats. Steel cut. This week served with dried cherries and almonds. Produce. Fresh from a farmer's market. I'm going to be planning our summer menus mostly around seasonal locally grown ingredients. Quotes. Especially this one from an essay T. Bone recently penned: "There are many uniqke things about my uncle B. Bone. First his appearance is styling cool. He is 6 foot 4, has brown hair and glasses." Rosies. My Grandma's birthday was this week and so was my friend Bud's.Rosies are not only riveters...they are real remarkable women. Sub sandwiches piled high with spinach, cucumbers, pickles, tomatoes, olives, banana peppers and jalapeno peppers. Oh and roasted chicken too. It's the way my man eats it and now it's my way too. To do lists. Tomorrow is going to be the nicest day of our week so we'll tackle some outside chores. Used, yet almost new cars. The countdown is on until hubby gets his new car and he's kinda like a kid at Christmas. I have a feeling this may be his first vehicle that won't double as a locker. Vacations and staycations. This year spring break will be spent close to home and I am so more than okay with that. Watching Miss Bit dance. Xcitement for the flamenco dance. T. Bone was selected to perform today during an all school assembly. He was quite proud of his prowess on the dance floor. I think he has a crush on the dance teacher. Would I love to be in the audience. Yummy, gooey peanultimate brownies. (I just cannot call them by their given name.) Zest for life.

No comments: