Sunday, January 30, 2011

Right Now

Reading:

  • Dani Shapiro. I finished Family History last week, and her first memoir yesterday. Slow Motion was another raw and gritty read.
  • Ina's how easy was that? I so heart the Barefoot Contessa.
  • Alice Munro's short stories and Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird.

Watching:

  • The first season of Little House on the Prairie. Miss Bit is tickled by Laura's nickname...Half Pint, and lovingly referring to her own Dad as Pa. T. Bone is not even opposed to joining us for an episode.
  • American Idol. I am smitten with Steven Tyler and liking J. Lo much more than I expected to.
  • Packer's football!!!!
  • The Real Housewives of where ever...a very guilty pleasure.
Listening to:
  • Nothing at all, but the world around me. I've been turning off the tunes in favor of quiet, and leaving my music at home when I set out for a walk. There is plenty enough noise in my head...thank you.

Eating:

  • Lean and clean. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies and no processed or refined foods.
  • Last week's winner...lettuce wraps.
  • On this week's menu: cilantro baked tilapia, spicy tomato soup and turkey burgers with feta and red onion.

Feeling:
  • Content.
  • Full.
  • Light.
  • Right.

Doing:

  • What my heart desires, what my soul whispers, what my body craves.
  • Taking care of myself and my family.
  • Only what I absolutely have to do or truly want to do. I'm living with purpose...my purpose.
  • Striving to be the best me I can be.

Dreaming:

  • Of finally giving myself permission to do what I'm most passionate about.
  • Of a snowstorm so paralyzing that we have snow days...not a single snow day. (And on that front this week looks promising.)
  • Of helping my kid's make their dreams come true.

No comments: