Sunday, September 20, 2026

weekending

Yesterday we celebrated my dad's 79th. Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday. I celebrated her at church today by lighting a candle after mass. Lily wanted to introduce Michael to our parish. It was her invitation that prompted us to attend. I'm well aware no invitation is needed, but sometimes it's that subtle suggestion that reminds us what's missing. It was missing. And while we weren't in our familiar pew, we attended a sister parish so we could connect with Father Tim. He is a spiritual font of inspiration and good chi. St. Rita's is small and humble...lively and welcoming. It was a comforting start to the day.

A cool, gray day that welcomes comfort. I defrosted some lasagna soup for dinner to go with my very first loaf of sourdough. The fam has sampled and given approval so I'm in the process of feeding more starter for another batch because this one won't last long. The kit kats are napping, we just watched the Packers win and none of us are lamenting the come what may quintessential fall day. There is nothing better than a fall Sunday. I swear by it.

That being said, the front end of the weekend was no slouch. I got my Pete and Sue fix Friday night. We went out for burgers and then back to Casa Weslow for more dish and drinks. We had lots to catch up on, yet were home at a reasonable hour for more fun Saturday. We had a nice time on Woods Road. My Dad was luke warm on a gathering, but I think he had a really fine time partially due to his new hearing aids and the wise decision to order in. I was in charge of the cake because I am the family baker, yet I too relied on the experts. I bought a cake Friday, realized it was still at home halfway to the party and then stopped to buy another cake on the way. No idea what I'm doing with a whole cake, but grateful I signed up for Nothing Bundt rewards.

I'm ready to take Father Tim's missive and make kindness a priority this week.   

 

 

 

No comments: