Saturday, December 16, 2017

Grateful Friday on Saturday

Today I give thanks for...

Spending yesterday shopping with my aunt. We both made progress and had fun in the process.

Although my rule is that we don't buy things for ourselves during the month of December, my aunt and I stopped in this Moroccan shop and were wowed by these beautiful Egyptian glass ornaments. We each picked one out and now we have a memory of our festive afternoon.



A family date night last Saturday. We attended 4:30 mass and then we went out for an early dinner.We could not agree on a restaurant, and then when we did there was a ridiculously long wait, but we ended up having a delicious meal at a local place.

Lily's report card. It was impressive especially given the hard hard work she had to put into math and science this semester.


One of my favorite childhood memories is of my dad telling bedtime stories. He's a patient storyteller. He would get into character, take his time and I hung on his every word. His best retelling was The Man With The Golden Arm. I'm sure I heard the story dozens of times, but every telling felt like the first. Now that's the sign of an accomplished narrator. I was captivated in the moment not thinking about what I already knew or what came next.


Even when my attempt to brine our pork chops failed, my family still ate them without complaint and with lots of homemade applesauce. 


I didn't botch the batch of gingerbread or the Oreo balls though.



Fred. He may be fizzling out, but we're still having a bit of fun with him.


Peanut pretty in pink in his favorite spot.


Tigger in one of his favorite spots.


How sweet they are...and entertaining too.






No comments: