Friday, May 19, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Lily pitched a spectacular game this week. She was responsible for 6 of the 9 outs. She had a solid hit too. The team had another win and the rain held off until the very moment we got in the car. Then a storm rolled in and the skies opened up.

Then later in the week her pitching was meh, and she wasn't getting much help from defense. The thing is that I was just as proud of her because she didn't hang her head, or beat herself or her teammates up. She powered through it and the girls went on to make some impressive defensive plays.

When Teddy has a minute to chill out. Yesterday he was up before the crack of dawn cooking breakfast for friends before they had to be at school at 6 a.m. for a golf invitational. He golfed 18 holes, went to another course for 9 more holes (self-imposed practice this time), and then went for a 3 hour baseball practice. He came home and scarfed down a large helping of pasta, 2 Italians and a bowl of spinach and then he passed out on the couch.


When he's extra sweet to the cats.

That I get to be their mom and also for the beautiful hanging basket from my dad and step-mom.

Sweet little surprises. 

Arriving at the Audubon Center early for a meeting and having time to rock and talk on the porch on a summer-like afternoon even if we did have to dodge a few spirited barn swallows.

Red wing blackbirds.

The New York Times Book Review. After reading this week's, I added at least 5 books to my list. Nothing makes me feel more jazzed than the prospect of many good reads.

Only 15 more lunches to make. I love taking care of them and feeding them well, but about this time each year I run out of inspiration.

Lily's excited to take a cooking class this summer. Maybe she'll make my lunch from now on.

Summer supper still life. Nothing fancy just fresh and served when it's still light out after practice at 8 o'clock in the evening.


Smiling selfies left on my phone. I always seem to find them right when I need a pick me up.

Peanut the poser.

I left Peanut in the closet this morning.


I came home to find a new cookbook in the mail...a thoughtful and delicious gift from my cousin.

I also came home to find two hatchlings in the nest. Aren't they cute!?!?


A perfect grey and broody night to stay home. Of course, Ted's golfing. Lily made slime two ways. The boys are curled up all yin yang in their favorite chair. Mike's waiting for me to finish here so we can have a little happy hour. Life is oh so good.


No comments: